In this article we look at a couple of common detox questions
What are some herbs that can help the Body Detox
It is a well known fact that the atmosphere and the food we eat and drink are crammed with harmful chemicals that enter the body and add to the build up of toxins that hamper the proper functioning of the body. Add to this the pesticides and fumes we breathe in unknowingly adding to the build up of toxins. Before long the body will begin to reel under the effects of these harmful toxins and will need to be cleansed. This cleansing process is called detoxification.
Our body does have a natural cleansing mechanism and this works through the kidney and liver at times the system can become over burdened and may need some external help from us to clean out the circulatory and excretory systems of the body. Some of the processes practiced for detoxification is prolonged fasting. This is an unhealthy process as the body needs nutrients to sustain itself. The best way is to resort to a detox diet assisted with detox body herbs as well.
Since the immune system is the mechanism that defends he body from disease, toxins cause the person to fall ill as the immune system is the first to be affected by harmful levels of toxins in the system. This is why it is necessary to remove the toxins from the body through a detox process. The benefits of detox herbs is not unknown to the medical fraternity as a potent way to detoxify the system. These are the best and the most natural way to detoxify the system and instill a feeling of well being.
Some of the detoxifying herbs used to cleanse the system are:
· Psyllium husks and seeds contain a high content of fiber that gently functions as a natural laxative. It can be used after soaking its seeds in water. Generally, psyllim is considered to be adaptogenic that supports healthy bowel functions. It can also be used in treating irritable bowel diseases like diarrhea. Its gelatinous substance absorbs toxins after soaking and hence is popularly used for body detoxification.
· Gravel root (Joe pye weed) and Hydrangea root help in dissolving, expelling and preventing crystals and stones in the kidneys and bladder. It is necessary to ensure that your kidneys are free from any obstructions that can affect the good working condition that is required for the elimination of toxins.
· Cascara sagrada is also used as a natural laxative. It helps in strengthening the colon muscles and is safe even when used for a longer duration.
· Alder buckthorn’s bark is another substance used but it necessary to first dry it and store it for a year at least as the fresh barks are too strong and can be toxic.
· Juniper berries promote the overall health of the urinary system. It strengthens and detoxifies the urinary tract, kidneys and the bladder. It is an excellent cleanser but should not be used for a prolonged period of time as it can cause overtaxing in the kidneys.
· Nettle helps in detoxification and has properties that apply to more than just the urinary system. However over use of nettle can display the same effects as juniper berries.
· Burdock roots and seeds have similar properties as nettle. It has cleansing and mild diuretic properties but also has stronger effects. Burdock can help in the removal of heavy metals in the body.
· Cypress, celery, basil, lemon, rosemary, fennel, patchouli and thyme contain oils that are essential for the effective flushing of toxins that are present under the skin. They also stimulate circulation of the lymph.
· Milk thistle and dandelion root help in strengthening and cleansing the liver. Silymarin, which is present in milk thistle, helps in not only protecting ht liver but also in its regeneration.
The main source of toxins for humans is the pollution in the air and the toxins present in the processed food we eat. Due to a lack of time people are turning more and more to processed foods not realizing the health hazard they are exposing themselves to. Toxins need to be purged from the system and many people are doing this twice a year. Doctors emphasize that the need to detoxify our system is indeed necessary, however, the more natural the process the better it will be.
What about using a Detox Foot Patch
With the kind of lifestyle that people live these days, there are numerous avenues through with pollutants and toxins can enter the body. Regularly washing out these toxins and pollutants is a great way of cleaning up the body. One way of body detoxification is using a detox foot patch that works wonders for cleaning the body, both from inside and out.
Remember, a number of environmental factors are responsible for the waste products that have accumulated in the body. These waste products include toxins present in the food we eat and the air we inhale. One excellent way of removing these toxins is by using the detox foot patch. Basically, a detox foot patch consists of an adhesive patch that is square shaped and is attached under the foot and kept in that position overnight. The reason a detox foot patch is used is for detoxification of the waste products and providing them an outlet that is on the individual’s body for a period of time.
Various natural ingredients present in the foot patch are responsible for pulling out the various toxins that cause fatigue, stress and other health problems. People in different regions of Asia use this kind of foot patch. It has spread from Asia to other continents because of the remarkable results shown by the foot patch. All this shows what a great success the foot patch is, not only in Asia but also around the world.
There are a number of advantages of using a foot patch.
· It is an effective method of body detoxification as it treats symptoms of various ailments at a time. It has been proved that people using these patches have shown signs of being more relaxed, restful and many of their minor health problems have been eliminated because of the removal of large amounts of toxin from the body.
· It is comfortable to use. It also gives a person relief from pain. Its main advantage is that it cleans the body. Restfulness, lesser stress and great overall health can be achieved by the complete cleansing of the body.
· It is extremely convenient to use. It can be used at anytime and anywhere. People can use it when they are working or sleeping. It does not hinder any other activity. · The detox foot patch cleanses the entire body and detoxifies it in a non-messy manner. There are no liquids and ointments involved. All you have to do it stick it under your foot. It is a new and advanced detox gadget and is not known to involve any invasive procedure for body cleansing. This is another reason why it is so popular all over the world and so many people find it suitable.
· It is not at all expensive. It is usually available at a reasonable rate. Usually this treatment can be bought at around 30-40 dollars per box.
Therefore, one can conclude that using the detox foot patch for detoxifying the body is a great way or cleansing the body. There are too many advantages to pass the opportunity to use it. Its results are known to be outstanding and it is best you try it out at least once to avail the benefits of its magic.
What about eating and detox
A feeling of sluggishness accompanied by a feeling of having a permanently full belly and sometimes indigestion are all signs that it is time to detoxify your system. Sometimes you might feel that you are overweight and obese and if you find that your liver may be complaining of excessive toxins, you must sit up and take note as this might be a wake up call for you.
A very common feeling is that of feeling like bring up or a slight nauseous feeling when you see very rich food such as fried stuff or very sweet food. This is a sign that your liver may be unhealthy and that your system needs to be cleansed – and fast. This is the time to figure out and go on a detox diet for a while and give your body time to rejuvenate.
Detoxification is a systematic plan of reducing if not completely removing harmful toxins from the system. There are many detox plans that one may resort to if they need to cleanse the system of harmful toxins. The best plans are the natural plans and consist of detox diets that last from 5 to 10 days. There also detox exercise plans along with the diet that assist the body to get back into shape. You may have detox massages, medication and yoga but the best laid plans that cannot go wrong is the detox diet plan.
A detox diet plan is a plan that will teach you how to eat and what to eat apart from when to eat. All these parameters are equally important and need to be learnt. When you know the right food that can help you lead a healthy life you might just stick to eating healthy. This way you will not need to detoxify your system for years.
A detox diet consists of mainly organic food. This food is mainly green leafy vegetables and fruit. Without the harmful ingredients such as preservatives and additives the food is naturally accepted without the body having to go all out to eliminate the harmful chemicals that go into processing meats and processed foods. Natural food is rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals these are much needed for the development of a healthy mind and body. Then there are the natural fibers these foods provide the body. These fibers are very necessary for the body to repair tissue.
There is some caution that needs to be observed while on a detox diet though. If you are planning on getting pregnant or already are, it is best that you stick to the diet you are used to until after you have recuperated from your delivery. You will need all the energy you can get. A detox diet will be a drastic change that your body may not be able to take.
So if you are thinking of starting a detox diet do confer with your medical service provider first. Remember that too much of a good thing is bad too. However, there are many advantages of detoxification and it should be tried at least once a year.
What are some basic detox tips
You don’t have to undertake a complex, formal body detox program to improve your health.
Broad life style changes that may go a long way to restoring your health and outlook include:
Drinking 3-4 quarters of water every day
Eating more vegetables and fruit and less meat and dairy
Increasing the amount of regular physical exercise you get
Try short fasts (1-2 days)
Avoid caffeine, sugary desserts, carbonated beverages, alcohol, milk chocolate, and high-acid foods
Check into available alkalizing water and food supplements to help restore healthy pH balance
Schedule “me time” every day to restore your mental and emotional balance
Consider meditation or yoga